Thursday, July 6, 2017

Love Myself

Love myself.  When did I ever know what that meant?  I mean, I tried.  I did the exercises.  I hugged myself.  I smiled at myself in the mirror.  I wrote affirmations and posted them about (and then stopped "seeing" them).  I talked to myself - told myself how pretty/valued/special/talented/etc., I was.

And then, yesterday, I was feeling kind of sad about the way I have treated myself throughout the years; and how I have allowed others to treat me.  So I did a forgiveness practice around it.

I asked my soul to come forth and the souls of the holy beings, who guide and protect me, to bless my practice.

I asked myself (my soul) to forgive me (this human form) for the ways in which I have allowed myself to be disrespected.

I asked myself to forgive me for not focusing on how worthy I am - just to be here.

I asked myself to forgive me for not valuing my true voice, and my true feelings, and giving in to others' opinions, ideas and complaints.

I asked myself to forgive me for allowing people who did not have my best interests in mind, to take advantage of me, in exchange for attention and false praise.

I asked myself to forgive me for not nurturing a sense of preciousness of my own dear soul, who only holds my best interests in its heart.

And, indeed, I turned a corner to start to understand what loving myself really means.

No comments:

Post a Comment