Wednesday, June 8, 2016

One More Illusion Bites the Dust

I don't know why it happened today.
I suppose it is the culmination of years of introspection.
Sharing things I don't understand - by describing my feelings.
Doggedly questioning my life-long belief of unworthiness.
The invisible transformation that occurs when studying with a Master.

But today, for no particular reason that I can identify,
sitting in the waiting room of the car repair shop
(an unlikely place to have a revelation),
(except my mechanic reminds me of the patriarchy that I grew up with)
(the patriarchal attitude [that includes some women] that defends and supports men like Donald Trump),

I finally

drop the judgements that my brother
that men in general
that society

have of me
as an inferior gender
as an unworthy participant in this Mother Earth experience
as a victim of bullying, small-mindedness, and prejudice.

I KNOW
I SEE
I AM

I am sitting there, and (not suddenly),
but quite naturally,
I notice that I can see these men for who they are.
That I, for one, am not reflecting their insecurities any more.
That I no longer need their approval to derive a sense of worth from.
I know that I have my own power.
And my power is POWERFUL (if not fully realized).
I see how so many men (and women) in my life have had me believe myself unworthy by using me as a stoop for their own misguided source of self-worth.
I am now above that kind of judgement, that kind of abuse.  I see it clearly now.

Good luck to all of you.
May you see your own worth someday as not dependent upon someone else's limitations/weakness/vulnerability.

I actually felt quite naturally - without the effort of conjuring it up - a sense of gratitude for having gone through the struggle it took to be able to see this.
Thank you.
And now you are freer to be on your journey as well without me dragging you down with feelings of victimhood, guilt, shame, and blame.

No comments:

Post a Comment